Saturday 28 October 2017

Classic Chocolate Chip Biscuits



The little boys were going on holidays so we got up early and made some biscuits for them to take on the long drive. We also made a batch for Granny to have for afternoon tea. The little boys love to help cook and I love teaching them. Henry is learning to crack eggs and while some of the shell has to be dished out of our mixture he is getting better and more confident with this new skill. George likes to tip the ingredients in the bowl. Their favourite part of this recipe was breaking up the chocolate into bits to put in the mix. Some on it did not make it into the bowl but did make it into their mouths. Lucky I brought extra. I try to get my chocolate from the bulk food store but as it is a bit of a drive from where we live I brought Lindt chocolate as it's wrapped in alfoil and cardboard both of which are able to be recycled. Once the biscuits were cooked we taste tested them before we packed the rest up for them to take on their holiday. I had my share with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter for afternoon tea.




CLASSIC CHOC CHIP BISCUIT (recipe from Better Homes and Garden magazine 08/17)
Makes 30 (depending on how big or small you make them)
Waste produced - chocolate wrapping - cardboard and alfoil  (recyclable)
Flour bag - paper (recyclable)

125 grams of melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100 grams dark chocolate (we only used milk chocolate it was what we had in the cupboard)
100grams milk chocolate
100 grams white chocolate


METHOD
1. Pre heat oven to (160 fan forced or 180 conventional)
2. Put butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and combine 
3. Add egg and stir
4. Sift in flour, bi carb, and baking powder and mix well
5. Roughly chop the chocolate and add to the mixture. (you can keep some back to press in after you      have rolled the biscuits and before they go in the oven)
6. Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and place on a tray about 5cm apart.
7. Gently flatten with a fork until they are about 1cm high
8. Bake for about 12-15 minutes 
9.  Remove from tray and allow to cook on rack
10. Eat .......... with a good cup of tea and a friendly face that you love .....


Try not to eat too many at once ........ we ate too many .... but they were so good .......  and thanks for stopping by Eco Granny. 



2 comments:

  1. I made this with my little kid. I almost burned them and somehow they're different from yours. I like my cookies but I have to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only used one block of Lindt milk chocolate as its all that I had. 😀

    ReplyDelete